Bodybuilder Nutrition Program
Nutrition and bodybuilding go hand in hand. You need the right nutrition to lose fat and grow muscles. You cannot attain the body you dream of without a good bodybuilder nutrition program.
Given below are some tips for the correct nutrition.
What are the tips for a bodybuilder’s correct nutrition?
What to eat?
1. The first important tip is to eat more protein. Protein rich food includes egg white, red meat, chicken and turkey breast and fish etc.
2. Carbohydrates are needed to give energy for workouts. They also help in muscle growth. Make sure your diet include whole grains, sweet potatoes and vegetables rich in fiber.
High glycemic carbohydrates like potatoes should be taken for pre workout and low glycemic carbohydrates like fibrous vegetables are the best for the rest of the day.
3. Fat is generally considered to be something that is to be avoided. It is not fully true. It is the saturated fat that is to be avoided. Unsaturated fat in the food stimulates the growth of hormones responsible for muscle growth.
Avocados, nuts and vegetable oils contain unsaturated fat.
4. The best ratio of protein, carbohydrates and fat is 40:40:20.
5. Drink plenty of water. You should drink at least 8 glasses of water a day.
How to eat?
1. Don’t gorge yourself and don’t starve yourself.
2. Eat five to six smaller meals. This helps in boosting your metabolism. The more the metabolism, the more is the fat burnt and more is the muscle gained.
3. Calculate the amount of calories you need and make sure you stick to it. The calories you consume must not be too high or too low than the calories you burn. If the calories you eat are too high then you cannot lose fat and if it is very low you cannot gain muscles.
4. Never skip pre workout meals. This helps in preserving the muscle mass. It should be rich in proteins and carbohydrates.
The carbohydrates taken for pre workouts should have high glycemic content.
It is better to consult a professional dietician before designing your nutrition program. Set the goal and you are sure to attain it if you choose and stick to the right body builder nutrition program.