Best Supplement For Muscle Growth

best-supplement-for-muscle-growth_1

Are you an athlete or a body builder looking for the best supplement for muscle growth? If you are, then you should know that there are several supplements available in the market that is geared towards building up lean muscle and restoring the nutrients lost by the body after a strenuous workout session. However, due to the unique nature of our bodies, not everyone responds in the same manner to the supplements.

Despite those differences, there are certain supplements that deliver visible results and great benefits.

Here are some of the best known supplements for muscle growth:

 

Creatine

Creatine is a metabolite that is naturally found within the muscle cells. Approximately 95% of the body’s creatine supply can be found around the skeletal muscle tissue, while the remaining 5% is stored throughout the rest of the body. It’s been reproduced by pharmaceutical companies as Creatine monohydrate as a dietary supplement that targets cellular energy reproduction and modulation.


Creatine supplementation promotes an increase in lean muscle tissue mass, an increase in muscle cell volume, faster recovery after work out session, increased high intensity muscle performance and elevated glycogen synthesis.

Most athletes and body builders prefer Creatine especially during the weight training and body building phase due to the faster pace in which lean muscle mass is built. Since it’s naturally produced by the body, people find it easy to stop taking Creatine without suffering from any side effects. Creatine levels usually normalize within 3 to 4 weeks after ceasing the supplementation.

The recommended dose of Creatine is 5-10 grams daily.

Whey Protein

It’s been concluded that consumption of whey protein shakes or supplements have been shown to improve performance and increase lean muscle gain. Whey protein provides the body high amounts of proteins as well as high concentrations of magnesium, calcium and other important minerals that are easily processed and digested by the body in liquid form.

Ideally, whey has to be taken before and after a workout session in order to improve muscle recovery and restoration. Whether you are aiming to gain muscle mass or lose body fat, supplementing a workout routine with whey protein can enhance the gain and loss process. Whey protein is easily digested by the body and is proven to improve metabolism.

It’s also a natural appetite suppressant.

The recommended dose is 30-40 grams per serving, ideally before and after a workout session.

Glutamine

Best Supplement For Muscle Growth

Glutamine slows down muscle tissue breakdown during an intense workout session, leading to improved strength thresholds and higher endurance. People doing weight training exercises are able to lift heavier weights for longer periods of time and are able to train more often. The preservation of muscle tissue enables the body to burn more fat.

The recommended dose of glutamine is 5 grams upon waking up, 5 grams post-workout and 5 grams before going to bed.

Beta Alanine

Beta alanine is a naturally occurring amino acid we get from protein-rich foods such as poultry and lean meats. It has the ability to increase intra-muscular levels of carnosine, which can delay muscle fatigue and failure during a grueling workout session.

The recommended dose is 2-3 grams pre-workout. An additional 2-3 grams post-workout has been proven to help with the recovery process, especially if you are an advanced weight lifter.

Carnitine

Carnitine is a well-known supplement for burning fat. It’s also been proven to improve and increase muscle growth by increasing blood flow and circulation to the muscles and increasing testosterone levels after a workout session. Increased testosterone levels stimulate muscle growth.

The recommended dose of carnitine is 1-3 grams in the form of L-carnitine, acetyl-L-carnitine or L-carnitine-L-tartrate taken together with breakfast, before and after a workout session and another one together with dinner.

You can still achieve results even without taking muscle growth supplements, but the process is going to be much slower. Emphasis is placed on your diet, which greatly affects the body’s ability to respond better to weight training and intense workout sessions. However, supplementing with muscle growth enhancers delivers better, faster and visible results.

And if you’re looking for the best supplement for muscle growth, stick with Creatine, Whey Protein, Glutamine and Beta Alanine and Carnitine.